Saturday, January 8, 2011

So long Facebook....

It's been nice and it's been fun but it's time for me to say so long. At the end of today I will be deleting my Facebook account.

 I have sat here this Saturday morning and have gone back and forth on whether or not I should delete it. There are so many friends that I talk to{well not really, all the ones I talk to have my cell #} and family that I haven't talked to or seen in such a long time, but it's time for me to say goodbye.

There comes a time when you have to make decisions and they may be tough but when I wake up in the morning and the first thing I do after feeding the baby is log into Facebook so I can see what everyone posted and even 'harvest my crops in Frontierville' then this becomes a problem. I could sit here all day checking statuses, looking at people's profiles {being nosey} and I have just decided that I have other things, more IMPORTANT things, to do.

When the laundry doesn't get put away or the dishes don't get done,
THIS IS A PROBLEM
  When my baby girl is playing on the floor by herself and my son wants me to play with him, but I become too busy on the computer,
THIS IS A PROBLEM
When I should be working out or doing something physical, but I am on the computer chatting with people
THIS IS A PROBLEM
When I get irritated with someone's status or take something out of context{which probably happens a lot}
THIS IS A PROBLEM



  At the New year I said I was determined to lose weight and get toned. Facebook is no help when it comes to this. Yeah I know it is self-control but when I can sit there and chat with someone for hours or get up to do something and come right back to see if I have any new notifications


THIS IS A PROBLEM



"Hello my name is Kelly and I am addicted to Facebook"


So I am going to post this link to Facebook of course so everyone can read and hopefully jot down my blog site so they can continue to follow me and see what is going on with me & the family. I am hoping to still be able to communicate with my relatives that don't live here.

I have become addicted to Facebook and yes it worries me about what I am going to do now that I won't have it, but this year is about changes and I feel like this is where I need to start.

This is it. At 5pm today I will be hitting the delete button.




So long Facebook!





Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Good for you! I love the photo you found too =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems alot of people are doing that these past few days! Im glad you have a blog though :) You made me laugh reading this with your "This is a problem" thanks cuz I need to laugh!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great blog.. Good to know you have the blog so i can keep up with the family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you wrote this blog friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. <3 it!!! I deleted mine Monday @ 5pm. Was kinda in the same boat...I am getting a lot done at work. How sad are we!! I am thinking maybe I should start Blogging...I will be a Blumberjack!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet words! Hope you have a great day & thanks for stopping by!